AMRITA POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE
“Youngsters need to understand the purpose of life. They need courage and wisdom to face the challenges of life. With that understanding they become the light of the world. If we care for them responsibly, molding their whole character with love, then the future of the world will be safe.” – Amma
Amrita Polytechnic College (APC) is a co-educational, self-financing polytechnic COLLEGE (Formerly Sun Polytechnic College, established in the year 2006) run by Mata Amritanandamayi Math (MAM), Kollam from the Academic Year 2018-19. MAM is an International charitable organization aimed at the spiritual and material upliftment of humankind. MAM was founded in 1981 by spiritual leader and humanitarian Mata Amritanandamayi Devi, with its headquarters in Paryakadavu, Alappad Panchayat, Kollam district, Kerala.
The College has been approved by The Government of Tamilnadu and All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi and affiliated to the Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai. The College is located inside Amrita Institutions Campus, Nagercoil in a sprawling area of 100-acre lust green campus which is situated about 5 Kilometers north of Nagercoil, the headquarter of Kanyakumari District. Nagercoil Railway station is 7 km from the campus. This campus is well connected by rail and road. Thiruvananthapuram the capital of Kerala is 75 Kilometers from the campus. The atmosphere is conducive for calm and peaceful academic pursuit.
The college is well connected to the town by public transport buses. The college operate its own transport system for the convenience of the students from various parts of the Kanyakumari and neighboring districts/State.
Amrita Institutions is known for its Value Based Quality Education through continuously improving its infrastructure, human resources and teaching-learning process and we are committed to impart high quality skill-based education in Engineering & Technology to the youth to meet the challenging requirements of the industries.
Courses offered by APC and the sanctioned intake strength of the programmes are given below:
|Program Name||No. of seats||Course Duration|
|Diploma in Civil Engineering (DCE)||60||3 years|
|Diploma in Computer Engineering (DCSE)||54||3 years|
|Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (DECE)||54||3 years|
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (DME)||180||3 years|
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Sandwich Programme) - DME (SW)||60||3 ½ Years|
Students who have passed 10th standard can join First year Diploma and with a pass in 12th Standard, students can join 2nd year under the lateral entry admission scheme.
Salient Features of APC
- One of the best Co-Education Self-financing Polytechnic Colleges in the District
- Quality and Value Based Education with character building
- Qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty
- Laboratories Workshops and Computer Centre equipped with modern facilities.
- Well-furnished, Class Rooms, Laboratories, Seminar Hall, Library, Drawing halls, etc.
- MoU with large number of Industries
- A separate in-house Centre for Training to arrange regular Industrial Visits, In-plant Training, Industry based student projects, etc.
- A Separate in-house Training and Placement Division to train students and to arrange campus interviews and placements
- Co-curricular and extracurricular activities through various clubs
- Students counseling to guide them in the right path
- Special coaching classes for weak students
- Sports and games, Canteen, Hostel and Transport Facilities
- Mentoring support from our sister Institution namely Amrita University, Coimbatore.